Your cart is currently empty!
Teacher on Call Beginner Unit 1: School
Units Sold: 0
The ‘School’ lesson unit is for beginner students. In the three lessons, students learn new school vocabulary, how to use ‘mine’ and ‘yours’ and answer a reading comprehension. The lessons include worksheets for your students, answer sheets and flashcards. The lessons are aimed at beginner English students from the ages of 5 to 10. Each lesson can be taught in half an hour or extended to one hour.
The ‘School’ lessons are great for brick-and-mortar teachers who have access to a smart board or projector. They can also be used by private online teachers.
You will receive 3 PPT lessons, worksheets for students, answer sheets and flashcards. Each lesson takes half an hour but can be extended to one hour.
These lessons include:
PPT lessons in PDF form to be used in the following order:
In the Classroom (28 slides)
- Students learn new stationery vocabulary (pen, pencil, schoolbag, eraser, pencil case and ruler)
- Learn the difference between ‘mine’ and ‘yours’
- Use the stationery vocabulary in sentences
Stationery and Furniture (21 slides)
- Students learn stationery and furniture vocabulary (glue, scissors, marker, notebook, sharpener, chair, desk, blackboard and trashcan)
- Learn the verb associated with each vocabulary word: I write with a pencil. I sit on a chair.
- Practise spelling each vocabulary word
Reading (27 slides)
- Read a story about school
- Identify stationery and furniture vocabulary in the story
- Identify ‘mine’ and ‘yours’ in the story
- Choose the correct answer in comprehension questions
- Learn how to answer questions in full sentences
2 Worksheets per lesson linked to the lesson for your students
- option of a worksheet with a colour background or no background
- answer sheet
- a total of 24 worksheets for the unit
- The flashcards in the stationery and furniture vocabulary
Please note that this product is for classroom use only (brick-and-mortar or online). You do not have the license to copy or distribute this material. However, you may distribute the worksheets to multiple students.
Hi, I’m Nikki, from Teacher on Call.
I have 15 years experience teaching English online and in the classroom. I have experience teaching first, second and third language English to children between the ages of 5 and 12. I am TEFL certified and have spent the past three years teaching English to children online. At the beginning of 2022, I began creating my own courseware and syllabus for my young students and so began branding Teacher On Call.
Teacher On Call’s lessons are aimed at beginner English students between the ages of 5 and 10. Lessons are focused on improving spelling, growing vocabulary, learning grammar and sentence construction, improving reading and understanding, and improving each student’s confidence in speaking. Lessons are recorded in Koala 3D (a virtual classroom) for the enjoyment of students.